• Falls Road On Friday

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by AJ1804

The falls road ran today insted of yesterday anyone know why?

by WNYP431

Yes. They are doing a tie project for the Ethanol Plant, and it is much easier to run trains at times when MW people are not working. They adjusted the schedule to work with the project. One run on the same day, but at a later TIME of day, and the other run a day later.

by AJ1804

caught the falls road today about 7pm heading east toward middleport with only 1 conrail car didnt know if they were planning to switch the entire line today or not.

by AJ1804

how long is the tie project going on for and are they doing the whole line or just from the plant to lockport.

AJ

by Challenger3985

My guess would be from Median to Lockport, seeing how it will be supporting a lot more traffic then any other direction east. I wouldn't doubt if in the future, they lay some new ties farther east!

by med-train

My understanding is taht the project will last through most of August.

I have heard that some work will be done as far east as Albion.

by nessman

Traffic out to Brockport has dropped off quite a bit since the last rehab project several years ago... but the ROW and track out that way is in pretty good shape. I believe a signal maintainer or MOW person is based out of Brockport, so they know what goes on out that way on a regular basis.

It makes sense to put the investment where the traffic is.

by AJ1804

i take it that the falls road crew has a restricted speed limit cause i see that they were going about 5-10mph yesterday afternoon. looks like they put alot of ballast on the tracks also it is looking very good. are they replacing the rail also with welded rail before the ethonal train.

AJ