Railroad Forums 

• Fall 2021 Train Show Schedule for upstate New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1586703  by lvrr325

RIT was pretty poorly attended today; not just the crowd but multiple vendor no-shows. Complete opposite of what GTE was like the week before.

When I left I went right by Marketplace Mall and through the retail area there and it was very busy, and over by Eastview was busy, so busy in the mall they had cops directing traffic at one of the entrances.

I know the club advertised, heard somebody say they had TV ads run during the local news.

My opinion is people just don't like the venue, because of the poor parking layout creating very long walks to get to the door, and all the security nonsense the college insists on to get in. No other show do they make people go through a metal detector to get in. If I were the club I would shop around off campus to see if I could find something more friendly to hold this kind of event in. As for the club layout open house, just make a nice DVD of it and run It on endless loop on somebody's old flatscreen on the club tables.