Railroad Forums 

• Fairless/Bristol, PA Local

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#738970  by cr5290

Does anyone have any information regarding the schedule/operating location or history of the Bristol/Fairless Jct. local out of Morrisville? (I think it's called the FJ10)

Thanks to anyone
Kyle Jacobs
[email protected]
 #739241  by Kaback9

cr5290 wrote:Does anyone have any information regarding the schedule/operating location or history of the Bristol/Fairless Jct. local out of Morrisville? (I think it's called the FJ10)

Thanks to anyone
Kyle Jacobs
[email protected]
Just sit out on the NEC and wait and listen to the radio. They come through Bristol usually in the afternoon. If you want to catch them working your best bet would be to study the area and once again listen to the radio.

Switcher through Bristol:
http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=1569173

FJ10:
http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=1569279
 #739392  by amtrakhogger

cr5290 wrote:Does anyone have any information regarding the schedule/operating location or history of the Bristol/Fairless Jct. local out of Morrisville? (I think it's called the FJ10)

Thanks to anyone
Kyle Jacobs
[email protected]
FJ10 operates out of Frankford Junction Yard and I think the furthest east it operates is Eddington Siding. The way freights out of Morrisville Yard usually are PBS-3 and/or PBS-13 that work the sidings at Grundy Interlocking and the yard at Croy and may also run over to Trenton to work up at Ham Interlocking on 5 track or the "0". One job usually comes out mid-morning (after rush hour), another may come out in the afternoon. FWIK, the operation is Mon-Fri only. I don't know about the locals currently that work Woodbourne Yard since that is CSX. In CR days, I remember two locals that ran out of Morrisville, WPMO-1 and WPMO-2. PMO-1 worked daylight while PMO-2 worked the afternoon-evening covering Woodbourne Yard and the Trenton Line as forth north as Trent (West Trenton) and as far south as the Northeast (Nabisco etc.) on the NY Short Line.
 #739399  by Kaback9

FJ10 can and will come up to Morrisville on occasion for a car or two, however it does not happen often since its usually only if a car comes in on the wrong train.
 #739659  by cr5290

amtrakhogger wrote: FJ10 operates out of Frankford Junction Yard and I think the furthest east it operates is Eddington Siding. The way freights out of Morrisville Yard usually are PBS-3 and/or PBS-13 that work the sidings at Grundy Interlocking and the yard at Croy and may also run over to Trenton to work up at Ham Interlocking on 5 track or the "0". One job usually comes out mid-morning (after rush hour), another may come out in the afternoon. FWIK, the operation is Mon-Fri only. I don't know about the locals currently that work Woodbourne Yard since that is CSX. In CR days, I remember two locals that ran out of Morrisville, WPMO-1 and WPMO-2. PMO-1 worked daylight while PMO-2 worked the afternoon-evening covering Woodbourne Yard and the Trenton Line as forth north as Trent (West Trenton) and as far south as the Northeast (Nabisco etc.) on the NY Short Line.
Oh I had no idea it worked out of Frankford, I had always thought it was a Morrisville - based run. By Ham Interlocking you don't mean the tower just south of Hamilton Station, do you? I live about 5 minutes away and have always wondered why every few days theres a different boxcar sitting on the siding just south of the tower. Sometimes when I'm railfanning at the station I'll see a light on the express, then switch to the local and then disappear. If you have any general idea of when this thing runs, please let me know! I've never seen a freight local in my home town, that'd be a pretty neat thing. Would you by any chance know about the WPBU-20? The Robbinsville/Yardville local? I hear the horn on Monday and Thursday nights between 11:30 PM and 1:30 AM.

Thanks for your help, I'm pretty excited about the PBS-3/13.
Kyle
 #739877  by amtrakhogger

cr5290 wrote:
amtrakhogger wrote: FJ10 operates out of Frankford Junction Yard and I think the furthest east it operates is Eddington Siding. The way freights out of Morrisville Yard usually are PBS-3 and/or PBS-13 that work the sidings at Grundy Interlocking and the yard at Croy and may also run over to Trenton to work up at Ham Interlocking on 5 track or the "0". One job usually comes out mid-morning (after rush hour), another may come out in the afternoon. FWIK, the operation is Mon-Fri only. I don't know about the locals currently that work Woodbourne Yard since that is CSX. In CR days, I remember two locals that ran out of Morrisville, WPMO-1 and WPMO-2. PMO-1 worked daylight while PMO-2 worked the afternoon-evening covering Woodbourne Yard and the Trenton Line as forth north as Trent (West Trenton) and as far south as the Northeast (Nabisco etc.) on the NY Short Line.
Oh I had no idea it worked out of Frankford, I had always thought it was a Morrisville - based run. By Ham Interlocking you don't mean the tower just south of Hamilton Station, do you? I live about 5 minutes away and have always wondered why every few days theres a different boxcar sitting on the siding just south of the tower. Sometimes when I'm railfanning at the station I'll see a light on the express, then switch to the local and then disappear. If you have any general idea of when this thing runs, please let me know! I've never seen a freight local in my home town, that'd be a pretty neat thing. Would you by any chance know about the WPBU-20? The Robbinsville/Yardville local? I hear the horn on Monday and Thursday nights between 11:30 PM and 1:30 AM.

Thanks for your help, I'm pretty excited about the PBS-3/13.
Kyle[/quote

That tower you speak of is the old Millham tower that controlled the now removed Millham Interlocking. Ham Interlocking is just west of Millham and at one point was controlled by Fair tower until Ctec 7 took over around 1996. The Robbinsville local runs out of Burlington Yard after the River Line shuts down at 10pm. All freight that runs on the River Line usually runs out of Burlington Yard via Pavonia Yard in Camden rather than Morrisville Yard.