Railroad Forums 

• Fair Lawn, NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#114274  by R44 5212 A Train

Are there any good plces to railfan near Fair Lawn, NJ?

#114420  by njtmnrrbuff

Yes, you have two stations in Fair Lawn, Broadway and Ratburn. Broadway is right above a busy road and Ratburn is in a residential area. I think Ratburn is a good area because you have some good views. An even better place is Ridgewood, but you views are limited to the platform. Everything goes through there. Just below Ridgewood is where the ex-Erie Main and Bergen County Line merge together to continue onto Suffern and Pt. Jervis. Actually the BCL runs through Fair Lawn. Ridgewood has a nice station. You get a lot of trains. On weekdays, you have the MN expresses running during the rush hour. everything that is diesel hauled runs through Ridgewood, but mostly, you will get the older stuff like the Comet Is
 #114580  by R44 5212 A Train

I have been on the Bergen Line quite a few times. I have taken trips to Port Jervis and New Brunswick, as well as a couple of trips to NYC. I might take the train to Philly pretty soon as well. I live a mile from Broadway Station, BTW. I was asking if there are any other good places to railfan nearby. Maybe some freight lines, perhaps?