Railroad Forums 

• Exploring the "P" in BR&P

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#870028  by SST

Last month while down in PA, and finished exploring the B&S, I headed over to Ridgway, PA to ride the bike on a rail/trail. The trail was nice but I was too tired to ride the whole thing. The neat thinig about this rail/trail is it is right up against a live track. But I didn't see action though. Maybe next year. But I did photograph the two depots down there. One being the BR&P and the other being the PRR. Thought I'd share them with the NY foke.

The BR&P is an excellent shape and is occupied. The PRR depot is in terrible shape and is not occupied. It needs some serious help.

Click here and view the photos: http://www.railfan.net/railpix/submit/dansyrcher/

Ths rail/trail photo below is first in line.
Last edited by SST on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #870965  by rls62

Thanks sharing the info and pix. I'm always interested in learning about and exploring stuff like this, esp. a rail trail running next to an active line! Now if I could only find the free time to do these things!
 #1356565  by SST

The other day, I took a trip to Somerset, Pa to bike on the Great Alleghany Passage. A great ride. I took Rt219 all the way. As I passed through Ridgway, I couldn't believe my eyes. Had to blink several times. The Depot on 219 has been refurbished. It looks brand new. I was pressed for time so I didn't turn around to get pictures [foolish] as I expected to stop on the return leg. When I did return, it was too dark to get any pictures. I thought I was at the wrong depot it looks so good.

The last time I was there was 5 years ago when I originally posted this thread. They did great work! I looked on Google Image but really couldn't tell for certain if it was really the depot. It will be awhile before I return to the area. Maybe somebody else has current photos. Share!

http://www.railfan.net/railpix/submit/s ... t_side.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It doesn't look like this anymore!
 #1356851  by trackwelder

great pics! the b&s is one of my favorite roads. my family has a cabin on rt. 6 just across the street from the row for the NYC interchange.