Railroad Forums 

• Essex Steam Train (Essex,CT)

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#455067  by Work Extra

Has anyone heard any updates on the expansion of service to the true end of track?
I seen photos of brush clearing and track being exhumed but is there any plans for the extension of service ?
I looked at their website and cannot find anything. I’m hoping that someone hear is a FVRR member or a volunteer that can shed some light on what’s the current status of the project? And did the line ever connect to another RR at the north end of the line or was it a stub ended branch line?

#459471  by Mr rt

There is a Friends of The Valley Yahoo Group with more detail.

Tonight they are swapping a NH box with a gondola at Goodspeed.

The dinner train does go beyond Goodspeed & the current management has stated that they intend start using the track north of Goodspeed (East Haddam).

Steam operations don't go that far north, mainly to prolong the life of the two active steam engines (97 & 40).