Railroad Forums 

• Era Specific Structure Colors .... LAYOUT PIX ADDED !!! :)

• Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.
Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#494064  by Mark R.

This thread is still alive !?! After a full year, I had forgotten that my trackplan WAS posted some-where !!! I apparently deleted it off the server. :(

Mark.

#494067  by ANDY117

I'd like to see some more photos too! I know you've got Tunnel! Might we see some other goodies as well?

FYI- The first of the coming attractions isn't loading.

#518534  by greenwichlirr

I'm coming into this thread late--those pics are insanely fantastic--the roadsigns especially struck me as a prime example of super detailing. Great!

While the wayside signals seem to have gone silver under Sterzing, it seems that the classic black & white paint jobs on the crossing signals lasted longer. I'm in the slow process of rebuilding one in the backyard (full size 1:1 scale), and for anyone who cares, here's the rundown of what is painted what:

Signal Base/junction box - BLACK
Mast - WHITE
Flasher mounting arms - WHITE
Flashers - BLACK
Crossing Gate Mechanisim - BLACK
Gates - even up to the 80's, there were still BLACK AND WHITE gates being used.

I haven't found close enough detailed pics if the old fashioned "hanging gate lights" were painted black or just left bare aluminum.

I'm still under contruction with only SOME of the painting done, but I'll send pics to anyone who wants to see the project so far.

The relay case I have came from the Route 28 crossing on the North Creek / Adirondack Branch and is painted silver, but it needs some serious bondo on one side since all of those years of non-maintenence and road salt took their toll on the side facing the highway) This year will be the year the thing finally becomes operational.