Railroad Forums 

• Engineer Class and Contracts

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #709394  by enginedave

Anyone know how long the NYA Choo Choo U is? Anyone know anything about their contract? Specifically, is there an agreement you have to sign that locks you in for a period of time before you jump ship?
 #709580  by RPM2Night

I think I remember hearing something along the lines of the NYAR and the LIRR having an agreement with eachother that you can't jump ship and go right over to LIRR, you have to wait 2 years....or you have to work for NYAR for 2 years before you can be hired by the LIRR or something along those lines. Some sort of buffer to prevent people from working for NYAR for only a few months and then changing flags real quick.
 #709731  by RPM2Night

I think it's just between the LIRR and NYAR, to discourage people from applying to NYAR only to use it as a way to get your foot in the door of the LIRR, leaving NYAR in the dust.