Railroad Forums 

• employee timetables

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#73500  by ashley2771

I'd like to get some recent CSX timetables. How would I go about doing this? It should be noted I live in Rocky Mount, NC, home of a huge CSX yard. Could I just go to the yard office and ask for some?

#73507  by Robert Paniagua

Well, maybe you could do that, but they may also get paranoid especially in this post 11SEP01/Madrid 3-1-1 era.

Unless you have friends that work for CSX, then you may get some timetables and it should be not a problem.

#73528  by ashley2771

I thought the same thing... just thought I would ask. I do know one CSX person, but he lives in Florida!
 #73715  by 2nd trick op

Actually, there's a thriving market in employees' timetables (commonly referred to as ETT's). Ebay usually has several hundred listed and some of the rarer examples can command a good price.

Nice thing about the newer editions is that they don't cost very much; you should be able to locate any current CSX division for about $5, plus shipping.

#74431  by Engineer

Get friendly with a railroad employee, check ebay, look in Trains or other magazines for dealers or on where a train (aka- Railroadiana) show is in your area.
I can guarantee no class 1 railroad would give or sell you one.

#74656  by ashley2771

Thanks for all the suggestions! I know a couple of railroad employees so maybe they can help. I've checked Ebay, but its been difficult to find recent ones. Same for shows. I've found some good historical ones though.

#79214  by The S.P. Caboose

I know it's on the late side. I just found out about this website. Another suggestion is railroad (model or otherwise) swap meets. I can't say that they'll be as up to date as you may what.

#87820  by SRS125

check out train shows in your area I tened to find times tables and outher railroad related books there from people who wheel and deal in that stuff.
Last edited by SRS125 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

#96223  by The S.P. Caboose

Another idea is that there is a gentleman in Connecticut named Carl Louchs (maybe Loucks) who buys and sells railroad paper. I'm sorry I don't know his website, but it maybe of some help.

Also maybe at swapmeets. Sometimes somebody will have something you'd like to have.

The only other thing I can think of is at railroad meussems. Here in Southern California we have the Orange Empire Railroad Meussem. They do seel things similar to that, but is mostly for railroads in the western half of the country.

Good luck. I hope you are able to find what you'd like.
 #96326  by GOLDEN-ARM

As an ebay power seller, and as a locomotive engineer, I will say this. I have attempted, several times, over the last 12 months, to sell Chessie, B&O, L&N and CSXT timetables, and rulebooks. Some stuff was issued to me over 15 years ago, and has been superceeded more than a dozen times. Then auctions usually last a day, then are removed from ebay. The law firm "Atlantic Beach", specifically Attorney "Karen Coster Burr" will contact ebay, and have any CSX timetables, track charts, etc., removed, for so called safety issues. This is a contract law firm, hired by CSXT, to monitor the internet, for sales of CSX materials, that the railroad feels they own. As a rule, even when a timetable is superceeded, the railroad wants it turned in, so it cannot be sold, on the secondary market. I have had numerous auctions pulled by this law firm. Ebay is a tough venue, to find those items. Along with the names above, try Seth Bramson, in Miami. He is on the web, and now on ebay, he has lots of stuff, from Southeastern Roads, and can probably help you out.

#98883  by ashley2771

thanks everyone... great stuff...
 #209661  by RR prospect

ashley2771 wrote:I'd like to get some recent CSX timetables. How would I go about doing this? It should be noted I live in Rocky Mount, NC, home of a huge CSX yard. Could I just go to the yard office and ask for some?
OK let me ask a stupid question.

What are "timetables"?

Please excuse my ignorance, I am just starting on trying to get into railroading.

Thanks in advance, stay safe.
 #209705  by SRS125

RR prospect wrote:
ashley2771 wrote:I'd like to get some recent CSX timetables. How would I go about doing this? It should be noted I live in Rocky Mount, NC, home of a huge CSX yard. Could I just go to the yard office and ask for some?
OK let me ask a stupid question.

What are "timetables"?

Please excuse my ignorance, I am just starting on trying to get into railroading.

Thanks in advance, stay safe.
Time Tables are the basic maps with side notes for each little village, town or city that a train must pass threw from point A to B. Each time table will list mile post for mile post where junctions are located, switches for indutrial parks and so forth. Some give train speed listings, locations of detecting equipment, general info on what to do if a switch is acting up, Radio channels and outher misc. info that might come in handy along the way.