Railroad Forums 

• Employee Timetables Following Acquisition By Delaware Otsego

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1004595  by Earle Baldwin

Good evening. I'm interested in obtaining a Susquehanna employee timetable issued following acquisition by Delaware Otsego. I've found several examples for sale on line; however, their format appears as if they were printed on a copy machine with the pages stapled together in the upper left corner. Judging by what I've seen, I'm not able to determine if they're official railroad issue or "generic" copies. Did the railroad in fact issue them in this manner?

Thanks in advance for any information.
 #1019819  by NaDspr

Earle,

I have an original copy of the Delaware Otsego System employee timetable dated Jan 1, 1977. It was professionally printed and has a yellow paper cover.

I also have a copy of the same timetable photo copied with an additional section photocopied and stapled to it. This section says:

SUPPLEMENT TO:
DELAWARE OTSEGO SYSTEM
TIME TABLE NO. 1

TO INCLUDE
THE NEW YORK, SUSQUEHANNA AND WESTERN RAILWAY

THIS SUPPLEMENT EFFECTIVE 0001 HRS EST
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 1980

This supplement is typed in parts and photocopied from other sources, which include an old NYS&W RR timetable and Code of Federal Regulations and incorporated into this Supplement No. 1. Knowing some of the "cast of characters" at DO/NYS&W, I suspect that a photocopied timetable with the Supplement No. 1 attached was an offical issue once the NYS&W became part of the DO in 1980.

(The Northern Division did not become part of the NYS&W until April 1982).