Railroad Forums 

• EDAY/AYED

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1373493  by johnpbarlow

atholrail wrote:EDAY/ED8 has been cancelled at least the last 2 days due to no power.
So do the P&W-bound cars continue to sit at EDY or does EDPO take them to Gardner? Or does a passing 28N snag them?
 #1373498  by newpylong

Both.

AYED/ED9 today got cabbed to Lawrence to recrew DJJC - neither the C or E has ever switched the place. Assume they just want to get the train closer. I bet NS loves all the PAS crews being taken for PAR trains. They really are in Triage mode.
 #1380083  by BM6569

Can't make this stuff up!
 #1380103  by BostonUrbEx

atholrail wrote:Today's ED8/EDAY crew just taxied to the hotel from Deerfield. No train made up for them account no power.
I feel like they'd be better off running EDAY/AYED with extra crews and just put more guys on the spare board.
 #1380127  by Rockingham Racer

BostonUrbEx wrote:
atholrail wrote:Today's ED8/EDAY crew just taxied to the hotel from Deerfield. No train made up for them account no power.
I feel like they'd be better off running EDAY/AYED with extra crews and just put more guys on the spare board.
How would that help the lack of available power?
 #1380161  by KSmitty

It doesn't help the lack of power, but when they dont have enough power, they can simply not call a crew, rather than pay a scheduled crew for 8 hours to ride in a cab and sit in the hotel.

Does nothing to move traffic, power wise, but its just as easy to run a train if you have power, and cheaper if you dont.
 #1380195  by newpylong

The engineer on this side of EDAY told me he has taken his train once in an entire month. More often than not they sit in the trailer for hours on end only to be sent to rescue something or to the hotel. Calculate the cost of that and you'll quickly realize why this railroad can't afford Lube Oil.