Railroad Forums 

• Edaville turned into a housing development?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#19176  by Steam

UNBELIEVABLE!!

This is the gift that keeps on giving! Or the Energizer Bunny gone mad!

If they couldn't make it BEFORE declaring bankruptcy and having all the negative publicity in the media, what makes them think trying once again to resurrect it will work?

Edaville RR is dead and gone, and has been since 1991.

For cripes sake, build the condos and get it over with!

#19207  by creeker

Darn that would have bin nice if WW&F got those cars. They are needed up there(we could have hualed more ballest with the other flatcar :wink: ). So are the cars staying inEdaville and if not were are they going? O jcpatten this is the Eric from NJ that drew the No.3 for you guys. Has anything bin done with my drawing yet? Im just woundering. I just sent out NNRy #40 to Nevada for the the NNRy Museum. Well talk to you all later.

-Eric

#19213  by highgreen1

Well, STEAM, I can understand your frustration at watching the slow death of a friend. But let's see what miracle happens. Can I presume that none of the 12 cabooses got sold individually? (My wife will breathe a sigh of relief.)

#19216  by Srnumber9

"Some of the other equipment went to the current owner of the Belfast & Moosehead Lake RR, who wants to start a 2-foot railroad in New York."

Tell me more! (Let it be on Long Island, about a mile from my house!)

The last time we had something like this it was when Edaville leased equipment to Freedomland, or as I like to call it "Two Foot Gauge Inna Bronx"!

#19285  by creeker

Sorry to dissapoint you but if you read it again you might see this part....

"But, since the combined bids only came to something like $300,000, it wasn't enough to cover what the bank was requiring so a bid was placed for the whole lot."

This means that all the bids together by the WW&F, MNG and the B&ML was not enough so they were all sold to Ledle Inc, for $1.5 mill.

-Eric

#19288  by Srnumber9

Oh, I know they didn't get the equipment, It's the plan to build a Two Footer in my own backyard that I want to know about.

I've put on a lot of miles trucking it back and forth to Maine to visit the SR&RL, The WW&F and the MNG, and it's getting harder and harder the more responsibilities I accumulate. While I want 'em to stay in their native habitat, I wouldn't fight a local Two Footer at all.

Anybody know specifics?
 #19575  by jcpatten

I've got some information about a New York two-footer (which may be the one we're talking about).

Steve Boothroyd (long-time Edavillers should know this name) is involved, weather as an employee or management I don't know. He sent us some photos of two-foot gauge equipment under construction and a small 0-4-4 steamer.

It's in Rome, NY along a section of historic Erie Canal, and is called the "Rome & Ft. Bull." It's got a 4.5 mile run with 2 reversing loops.

#19582  by creeker

O yea i heard about that. I was talking to a guy that works there. They have like 6 engins. I had pictures of all of them but my computer crashed and all were lost.

-Eric

#21252  by Robert Paniagua

Well guys, if you haven't gotten the news yet, it looks like Edaville will be coming back to life after all......

It's supposed to reopen this fall and thru the Holidays, I'll be sure to ride it when it does reopen. Hoepfully it won't go thru the same thing that it did with the old owners.