Railroad Forums 

• East switch of DEF siding near Pinelawn

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1307906  by AlKaLI

Does anyone know if there is an issue with the east switch (or track) to the double-ended siding from Farmingdale to Pinleawn?
Switch in question can be seen in the following link: http://goo.gl/maps/xZkoU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason I ask is that duing this past Saturday and last night, I caught NY&A freights backing into or out of the siding on the west end.
Saturday, I watched an MP and a GP38-2 (arranged push-pull on the ends) pick up 9 C&D loads from Coastal. Then they went west and I thought they would head to Fresh Pond. The train cleared the west switch and then headed east. Why not leave through the switch at the east end of the siding?

Last night I caught another MP and Geep backing into the siding from the west again to service Coastal and Posillico.
Any clue?