Railroad Forums 

• East of Sayville

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1565026  by Pensyfan19

As my 1001th comment on railroad.net, I'm curious if NYAR ever ran any freight east of Sayville. Montauk is their farthest point east on their map, but I cannot find any footage or recorded examples of NYAR on the Montauk Branch, other than one video of it moving westbound past Sayville in 2013. If they did, can someone please list the industries which NYAR served specifically in Montauk? Thank you.
 #1565052  by Bad Luck

Eastport Feeds in Eastport, and Pulver Gas in Bridgehampton. Lumber went to Southampton pretty late in the LIRR game, but I don’t recall if NYA served them.
 #1565268  by freightguy

Best Building Supply in Speonk yard probably the busiest besides Pulver Gas in BH.