Railroad Forums 

• Early EMUs

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1254995  by 4400Washboard

Does anyone have a definitive list of all types of EMUs operated in the NE before the modern commuter RRs were established?

My Qs.:

New York Central ACMU. On nycsubway.org, there was a photo of the EMUs prior to the ACMUs (That or my memory is really bad). What were those?

New Haven 4400 "Washboards": Only evidence I have that ancestors of the "Washboards" existed was a sentence on a shady website. Did any exist?

Reading EMUs: Prior to the Silverliner IIs, I know the Reading operated various EMUs--Does anyone have any information?

DL&W/Erie Lackawanna EMUs: Does anyone have any information. When was the last these cars were used? My dad recalls riding on what he thinks are DL&W EMU trailers or unpowered EMUs (Wicker seats, overhead fans, poor lighting, relatively rough ride). on New Years Day 1984 (At 1 in the morning, 1/1/84). This was on the NJT Morristown Line.

Are there any others I'm leaving out besides the PRR/LIRR MP41/54s and the LIRR MP72/75s?

Thanks