Railroad Forums 

• E8's NYC 4068 and 4080 at Medina, NY

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#544374  by James Steier

It's has taken some time....but NYC 4068 & Nyc 4080 arrived at the Medina Railroad Museum, in Medina New York at approximately 10:45 +/- AM on 6/10/2008. They had previously been stored for repairs in Lockport, NY. They are on the siding south of the FRR now, right across from the Museum. Wanted everyone to know of the move.
(just in case y'all want to see them :wink: ) Now is a good reason to stop out to the Museum, talk to Marty and the crew, and get a good look at those "twins".

*** Note: Under NO circumstances, shall you enter this fenced yard, or even walk near the tracks. This is Railroad Private Property. Please view the Engines from the Museum, bring binoculars, or wait for their scheduled runs.
 #547900  by tocfan

I got to photogragh, ride behind and go inside these units when they were in Nashville and they are real beauties. I hope the museum there does a top notch job maintaining them. If the museum is a 501c3, that would be a good place to put any uncomitted charitable funds any of us has.

Mike Fleming
President Emeritus, Memphis Society of Model Railroaders
 #547979  by tocfan

I emailed the museum after my last post and I got a response from someone there named Hugh who stated that they are a 501c3 corporation and that you can earmark donations to be used for the repair and upkeep of the 2 E-units. He also stated that they hope to have repairs to make the units operational completed by July 21.

Mike Fleming
President Emeritus, Memphis Society of Model Railroaders
 #973142  by erie2937

Those diesels will require a 92-day inspection which must be done by the operating carrier which would be GVT. The museum owns the diesels but they do not employ any licensed locomotive engineers, at least they didn't. Maybe that has changed. But if not, the museum will have to hire an engine crew that is qualified on the Falls Road Railroad and the diesels will have to be inspected by the mechanical people with GVT.