Railroad Forums 

• Dream MBTA Subway map

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1550605  by BandA

Print is too small, webp format is not widely supported by image viewers other than browsers.
 #1550791  by Rbts Stn

BandA wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 am Print is too small, webp format is not widely supported by image viewers other than browsers.
This. I can't see it on my big monitor
 #1550792  by BandA

Gimp supports webp, but when I zoomed in the words were all blurry, so the text is rasterized.
 #1550914  by Literalman

As a former Bostonian and veteran T rider, I'd like to see an expanded route structure. But one problem I see with the map is so much interlining: too many routes funneling into (presumably still) double-track tunnels. Or would the blue, orange and red lines through Boston proper have four-track tunnels?

In my current home (northern Virginia), the Washington Metro has congestion through the tunnels under the Potomac and downtown DC where the blue, orange, and silver lines share a double-track tunnel.

Four-track tunnels through Boston proper would be fun, though. :smiley:
 #1551492  by jbvb

Long trip times to the ends of the suburban branches and does not complete the Urban Ring. And not nearly enough capacity in the downtown tunnels for Red, Green and Orange lines. Still, fun to look at, thanks.
 #1552013  by wicked

Literalman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:32 pm In my current home (northern Virginia), the Washington Metro has congestion through the tunnels under the Potomac and downtown DC where the blue, orange, and silver lines share a double-track tunnel.
They aren't rushing to build that Blue Line tunnel right through the heart of Georgetown? Shock.