Railroad Forums 

• Dover drill today

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#76122  by baretables

I saw a blurb on one of the lists indicating NS was to work east from Dover today to serve Reheis Chem on the Gladstone branch before returning to Dover and points west.

Can anyone update me on the status of this move?

Thanks in advance
 #76144  by nick11a

baretables wrote:I saw a blurb on one of the lists indicating NS was to work east from Dover today to serve Reheis Chem on the Gladstone branch before returning to Dover and points west.

Can anyone update me on the status of this move?

Thanks in advance
Really, on a Sunday? Damnit, wish I was home! Yeah, if anyone has any info on it (engine number and type etc.) please post it. I caught the HS02 once at Murray Hill and certainly want other chances to catch it again in the future. The move could be done at any time I imgaine. The crew just won't be able to go to Stirling because I believe the current schedule in effect on the Gladstone has trains passing at Stirling. This means they'll reverse move to Reheiss, then go forward again to Murray Hill to get out of the way of trains and do this as many times as necessary.

#76297  by washingtonsecondary

don't worry Nick. It was much to do about nothing. Unfortunatly it didn't run so you didn't miss anything.

If it had run, it would have been 3053 (GP40) facing east, shared assests caboose, box car and acid tanker to the Chemical plant. If it was ever to run to Washington, I don't know what it was going to bring out there. I went through Dover this morning and there wasn't anything other then the Geep and the Caboose.

#76336  by nick11a

washingtonsecondary wrote:don't worry Nick. It was much to do about nothing. Unfortunatly it didn't run so you didn't miss anything.

If it had run, it would have been 3053 (GP40) facing east, shared assests caboose, box car and acid tanker to the Chemical plant. If it was ever to run to Washington, I don't know what it was going to bring out there. I went through Dover this morning and there wasn't anything other then the Geep and the Caboose.
OK. I caught it with the acid tanker and 3063 facing east and the red CR caboose for the reverse move to the plant back in August. It was a sight to see. Got some good shots of it too. Just hope they run it again in the day when I'm free so I can go check it out and get more shots.