Railroad Forums 

• Don Maxton, where art thou?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#5659  by Don Maxton

I'm still here, Alan. Thanks for asking. Just haven't had much to discuss recently. I'm looking forward to the resumption of construction on the RVRR once the weather cooperates.

#5670  by rvrrhs

I'm glad you got your little technical glitch worked out. Let the discussion flow!

BTW, I got an email from "the former Kenilworth historian."

He said:

"Dear Rahway Valley Fan:
 "How ironic! I'm sitting here drawing up preliminary By-Laws and outlining a Certificate of Incorporation to organize a Rahway Valley Historical Society.
  "I'm the former Kenilworth Historian and not only incorporated that organization, but worked very hard to save the old Kenilworth Station. I'm just about ready to finish my nearly thirty year research into the history of this line, which is more interesting than anyone ever thought. I can tell you right now that 75% of everything that has ever been written is just plain wrong and I've got the proof."

So, for my purposes, I'm glad I stumbled onto someone at least as interested as I am in creating an RVRR Historical Society, but I wonder if he's referring to your book or others' info in his "just plain wrong" claim.

Anyway, I'll be seein' ya on the forums.