Railroad Forums 

• Does MM&A sells/rents some unused lands?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#751517  by Max33

Hi everyone, I signed here today cause I need the opinion of ppl with experience in dealing with companies such as MM&A as to; acquiring (buy) and/or rent a land that this company own.

A land that as been unused for more then 20years in my city is located nearby a MM&A railway and it is the only very strategic land left to build a commercial building...nothing really that big, but still something very attractive and strategically located. the mayor of the town is well interested but he seems to be just slightly too busy right now to give it some more attention...so before pushing forward I would like outsiders opinions.

So plz let me know if you know anything about such an approach...+obviously experiences from other individuals are welcomed as I do not even have a glimpse of a clue if it is something possible...

If you have any reference/past stories or other similar acquisition to shareworth to to tell, plz let me know...

Remembe at this point I am still simply trying to find out if there are any possibilities to deal with MM&A.

Thanks a ton for your opinions, references and comments.
 #751537  by CN9634

Hello Max and Welcome!

A few years back when I was driving up to Derby the road I was on paralleled the tracks. I noticed that the adjacent land had large for sale signs with the MMA logo on it. So to make a long story short I do believe they sell land! While I can not give you a direct answer about your question I can help you find the answer. The MMA website has a lot of contacts on it which may help you in your cause. Here's a complete list: http://mmarail.com/contact_main.php

I hope this helps Max and please feel free to tell us how it goes!

Thanks!

Charles Hastings