Railroad Forums 

• Does anything go on in this location? (west Richmond, CA)

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#289335  by lensovet

hi all,
i'm contemplating heading over to the beaches showing on this map, and i see that there are 3 different railroad tracks in this area.

does anyone know if any sort of activity goes on on those tracks? if so, when does it occur and what is it exactly?

thanks for the info!

#290177  by lensovet

man, some parts of that area (richmond/san pablo) are really shady, but i had a great trip. i snagged 2 capitol corridor trains, a union pacific set, and 3 BNSF locos heading back to the yard. i also took a bunch of pics of the yard itself.
to top it off, i headed to miller/knox shoreline for a nice swim and stroll, where i got to play around with some switches on the the abandoned track there. it's amazing to see that some of the pier is still surviving – that must have have been quite a sight back in the day when it was actually functional...quite a shame.. a great trip overall.
will have pics up soon.

#292710  by lensovet

the pictures are now up, see the link in my signature to look at them. comments always welcome!