Railroad Forums 

• Does anyone on these boards own an actual locomotive?

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

?

#338655  by Juniatha

What you're asking for?
Last edited by Juniatha on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

#338889  by TheGortex

My computer submitted my message before I could finish. I was also going to ask what kind it was, where it was kept, and if you actually had it on your own property.

#354660  by CSX Conductor

Alan Marsh of the Boston Railway Terminal owns an old Alco, and sometimes posts on here. If you go to the Boston Railway Terminal thread you should find pics of it. The traction motors went on it in December of 2004. :(

#355178  by railroadcarmover

I own a U23B, a Fairbanks Morse H12-44, and 7 Whiting Trackmobiles.

#355491  by dsrc512

Through ownership of two shortline companies;
Alco S-3, C420
EMD DDA40X shell, GP-30 parts carcass, 2 SD-7, 2 SD-9
GE 2 GE 70T, GE 70T parts unit

#362042  by CSX Conductor

You can buy a former AMTRAK F40 buy clicking here. :wink:
 #382983  by steamal

CSX Conductor wrote:You can buy a former AMTRAK F40 buy clicking here. :wink:
Well, I had read in an issue of TRAINS Magazine about a guy who bought an SD-40 from Amtrak and wound up letting Doyle McCormack store it in his warehouse. (I don't remember now whether that issue came out in 2004, 2005, or 2006, but it also had an article about Doyle in it.) So, if you've got the money, you can buy a locomotive. Contact Amtrak and see what kind of deal you can get.
 #382984  by steamal

CSX Conductor wrote:You can buy a former AMTRAK F40 buy clicking here. :wink:
Well, I had read in an issue of TRAINS Magazine about a guy who bought an SD-40 from Amtrak and wound up letting Doyle McCormack store it in his warehouse. (I don't remember now whether that issue came out in 2004, 2005, or 2006, but it also had an article about Doyle in it.) So, if you've got the money, you can buy a locomotive. Contact Amtrak and see what kind of deal you can get.