Railroad Forums 

• DO YOU KNOW WHERE THESE HACKS ARE AT ?

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#168804  by SRS125

There is an Ex LV Caboose in Jamesville, NY located at the abandoned Alfa Cement Plant. Don't know anything about it of any numbers althow I know it had them there is a 2ed caboose in Conrail paint as well don't know much about that one eather. You might be able to get the info from the Central NYNRHS who owns both Cabooses.

#168829  by scottychaos

SRS125 wrote:There is an Ex LV Caboose in Jamesville, NY located at the abandoned Alfa Cement Plant. Don't know anything about it of any numbers althow I know it had them there is a 2ed caboose in Conrail paint as well don't know much about that one eather. You might be able to get the info from the Central NYNRHS who owns both Cabooses.
the LV caboose is 95033.

they own 4 cabooses:
http://www.rrhistorical-2.com/cnynrhs/R ... nyfrt.html

Scot
 #190486  by caboose9

G-A,

One approach would be to concentrate on ID'ing the known, steel, LV cabooses that have been located but for which no number has been determined: Las Vegas, NV (95112?); Groton, NY; Pharsalia, NY (95137?); Canton, OH; Mahoningtown, PA (95117? or 95122?); Middletown, PA; Sarver, PA; Winifrede, WV, & Lake Geneva, WI.

Good Luck, Roger
 #190490  by caboose9

Hi,

LV 95082 is reported to have been sold to MNC to become #064/402 and LV 95086 to become #065/405.

Who is/was MNC?

Thanks, Roger

#190558  by GOLDEN-ARM

Still here, still enjoying your responses. I am trying to determine the whereabouts, of those other 2, since 2 have been accounted for, and are not for sale, at least not right now. Thanks for your continued support, and suggestions. Regards, :wink: :wink:
 #190564  by scottychaos

caboose9 wrote:Hi,

LV 95082 is reported to have been sold to MNC to become #064/402 and LV 95086 to become #065/405.

Who is/was MNC?

Thanks, Roger
probably Metro North Commuter Railroad..

Scot

#190720  by BR&P

Scot, that link says I don't have permission to access the page.
 #190763  by caboose9

Hi,

Both links work for me.

Where does MNC store this caboose when not in use?

Does anyone know if they still have LV 95086/MNC 405?

How many, and what, other cabooses does Metro North have?

Thanks, Roger

#190793  by BR&P

The good news is BOTH links work for me now - I don't know what the problem was before.

The bad news is - what a chop job! A very practical use for the caboose from a business standpoint, but it sure is a long way from its LV days from a restoration perspective.

#190796  by GOLDEN-ARM

:( :( :( I'm not quite sure I would consider this to be a "survivor", although those might be LV trucks underneath. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! Another one bites the dust................ :( :( :(
 #190835  by caboose9

Hi,

I think it's great to see the old caboose doing what it was built for - working on the railroad!

It beats the hell out of being an ice cream stand or part of a restaurant.

Cheers, Roger