Railroad Forums 

• Do you freight engineers hate these types of people?

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1325831  by The RR Authority

Gadfly wrote:This is crazy. They wouldn't like to be done that way if it were reversed. I remember a crew that used have rocks thrown in a small town in Georgia. One broke the engineer's glasses. They'd call the cops, but they never got there in time. Fed up, one afternoon, these punks threw rocks again and the engineer "bigholed" it and screeched to an unexpected stop. The crew got down and gave chase. They didn't wait for no cops: they beat the Sh* out of them, then climbed up on the engine and proceeded out of town. The punks couldn't identify their "assailants". There were no more rocks thrown!!!!!!!

GF

Don't give any more details, that is enough to bet every one of those crew members fired.
 #1325902  by Watchman318

Since the tale didn't mention the rock-throwers having guns, as too many present-day members of the Future Parolees Association do, I'm guessing it happened long enough ago that the crew members involved are now retired.
File it under "Crude, but effective."