Railroad Forums 

• Do ya think my trains are sexy ???

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#462364  by David Benton

aging british rocker , Rod Stewart , is into model railroads ! .
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4255577a1860.html

"The fact he has evolved from priapic wild-man into genial old duffer is reinforced by the fact that his favourite hobby, after football and marriage, is model railroads.

"I'm furiously working on my railroad right now, actually, because it's going to be on the cover of Model Railroader magazine at Christmas time," he says proudly.

"You know, model railroads have come a long way. All the trains have little computers in them now, so there's steam and sound and so on. People think it's just a matter of clipping the rails together and watching it going round, but it's a very three-dimensional hobby because you make the landscape, too. I'm making a wee house right now, while I'm talking to you. My fingers are covered in glue, and I love it! I find it very relaxing; I can come in here to my train room and the rest of the world can go f**k itself.

"I'd recommend model railways to anyone, so put that in your article, but don't call it a f**king train set, or I'll come down to New Zealand and lay one on you."