Railroad Forums 

• DM&E upgrade opposed by Mayo Clinic

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#266838  by Komachi

Yeah, I commented on that in another thread in the "Western Railfain" forum.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19190

Living a "stone's throw" from Rochester, I have the Rochester NBC (KTTC) and Fox (KXLT) affiliates as well as the daily paper, the Rochester Post-Bulliten spouting the anti-train rhetoric.

The DM&E website also has an archive of most or all of the Post-Bulliten PRB Project articles.

http://www.dmerail.com/PRB%20Project.html

#266869  by cifn2

and you think that stuff isn't rolling by on the highways right around the clinic anyways? Gonna close the state highways? CRAZY FOLKS!

#267681  by route_rock

No body said Mayo was bright. I have seen stuff hauled by there and hauled it myself when I was a truck driver that would make their hair turn white. But this is the whole NIMBY coalition at work. You cant expect them to be logical. Lets look at all the stuff going by right now by rail as well. Seeings they had never complained until now their lack of concern has set a precedent to allow the railroad to ship this haz mat ( seeings this line has been there since before mayo)and never once did they make a concern for it. In the past the volume past Mayo was higher than what it is now I dont see where they wanted tunnels and overpasses.
Here is an idea for them re route the HAZ cars and just run coal trains through town.But the noise? Highway 52 runs right past what about the noise from it,and the ambulances and fire trucks etc etc.
All these higher ups have been coming to Mayo yes, I doubt they will say lets go elsewhere ( unless of course the doctors suck)because of the railroad.