Railroad Forums 

• DL shop

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#481  by alcodoc

Wow, That's a lot of questions. Let's see:

!34- Parts only. locomotive was fixed to death. The 244 is ok. all the rubber seals damaged during an overheat.

351-Parts only

2452- Awaiting shop time for generator repairs.......soon I hope.

804- Next in line for wheels.....great runner!

334-Shopped for re-wire and other upgrades......great runner too.
 #770  by ewj17

how is the ex Delta Bulk Terminal C636holding up? I would like to take a trip to PA to see that one in action this spring. Does that tie up at Steamtown on the weekends?

Thanks for the info, and keeping all these classic Alco's running.

#975  by Guest

The C636 3642 runs great. She turned out to be a real good runner. After some teething bugs when first placed in service. The 3642 turned out to be one of our best engines.

#2824  by njmidland

Let us know when the C420 goes out on the road. I can still remember seeing blue and grey Lehigh & Hudson River units cut across the farmland in NW NJ.
 #2881  by RS-3

You wanted a 244 and/or generator, or other parts: (from a new ad in Railswap... probably the remains of the Carrollton County RS-3s?)....

Cleveland, Ohio USA
Telephone: 216-322-3720

Description
2 Alco 244's 2 gens and other rs-3 equipment. for sale.Make offer.

RS

#3055  by AlcoMD

Alcodoc,

It is your call-'cuz you da boss :wink:

#3333  by metman499

The 334, when fixed, will be going out to the Falls Road, being swapped for an RS-11.
Nick

#3336  by nessman

Oh cool - is that a fact? What's up with the RS-11's in Lockport?

#3425  by metman499

I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with the RS11 but this as factual as it gets. I talked to the ALCODOC and he told me twice. 334 is looking good. The ditch lights are on and she sounds good. Nick

#3619  by RS-3

Drat! I was looking forward to seeing the "DL" 334 in Scranton this Fall working the DL. Now I may have to "settle" for a RS-11. :D

RS

#3960  by sixaxlealcoII

Don,

Before we start swapping prime movers we have other engines to worry about ! I'd love to get the 598 rebuilt or find a replacement so we can get another C425 back in service.

Michael T.
 #4702  by RS-3

598? Would that be a C-425 generator?

(Hey Don, so what is going to be the next loco headed into the shop?)

RS

#6165  by alcodoc

The 804 and the 2452 are next in line. The 334 was released from the shop today. :P :P :P

#7527  by O-6-O

Any good parts in the ADIR #25 The "Tampa Tiger" in Utica?

STEAM ON
 #8397  by joydivision350125

Hi,

The ex-BCR Centuries on MA&N have been wearing the green for a long time now -- any chance they'll see paint jobs any time soon?

-JSE