Railroad Forums 

• DL SC 426 ?

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#227641  by sallenparks

I know not the fave of everybody being EMC and all but it has been brought to my attention that this loco is one of the first EMC's built along with sister 425.Both units where built by G.E in February and March of 1935 for the Lackawanna.My question is what is the in between history of the 426.Lackawanna to the DL. What railroads did it go to. THE EL,then Conrail some other Shortline please help if you can THANKS.

#227755  by metman499

It went to the Pabsco (sp?) and Black River in 1946, went to a line with the reporting mark S&H and then back to the P&BR in 51 and then went to Beth Steel.

#227910  by sallenparks

Cool that was what I was looking for THANKS.

#229719  by EDM5970

That unit was always in the Bethlehem Steel family, post DL&W. Patabsco and Back River is a Bethlehem Steel line in Baltimore. Steelton and Highspire serves (served?) Beth. Steel in Harrisburg. At one time the unit was owned by Bethlehem Mines, and lost its Winton 201A engine for I believe an 8-567. Still an historic unit, though. The pet EMC/EMD in a sea of Alcos.