Railroad Forums 

• DL&W (and Erie) Piggyback Flats (conservation of)

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

#325994  by Charlie Monte Verde

Hi all-

I need height/weight etc. info and possibly some line drawngs for the former coal car Lackawanna piggyback flats. We (GVT) are making an effort to save the flats that remain at Elmira Yard. Also, if anyone has information on the other flat that is there (Erie I believe) I could use it, as we are considering restoring that as our M of W flat on the Falls Road Railroad (shipping it to Lockport). Line drawings and specs for this car would help as well. Come on fellas, use all your resources, we're trying to save some unique pieces of railroad history here!

Charlie Monte Verde
Genesee Valley Transportation
585-343-5398

#327951  by charlie6017

Charlie,
You may want to cross post this to the NY State forum as well...........maybe get more eyes to see what you need. ;-)

Charlie

#330798  by HSSRAIL

Have you tried contacting the ELHS Erie-Lackawanna Historical Society.

They have a book for sale in their book shop entitled DL&W Classification of Freight Equipment Diagram Book if this is anything like the DL&W Locomotive Classification Diagram book it should be just what you want. Non member price to purchase $21.00.

There is also an EL Freight Equipment Diagram Book dated 5/9/1975 non member price $32.00.

See the website www.erielackhs.org
 #331284  by JoeCollege

While you are at it, please try to preserve the DL&W Utica branch as well! :-D

#332599  by NYSW3614

From the EL list-

Hi Joshua,

I can't recall which issue it was, but Rusty Recordon did a great article with drawings on the DL&W piggy back flats in Railroad Model Craftsman. I think it was about a year or so ago. I'm not a member of the railroad.net so I could not post this message to Monte Verde. Can you please forward?

Tom Schmieder