• Disposition of the DEY-2a and 2b's

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by tractionmotor5819

When did these CB/IR units come off the roster and what was their final disposition? On the modeling side of things, is the Bachman 44ton truck the same as on these units?
  by Engineer Spike

One of the two subclasses ended up on BAR, but I am not home, so I can't look it up now.
  by Allen Hazen

Since they were both GE designs, of about the same vintage, for similar service (low speed, switching: the DEY-2 was like the 44-tonner in having double-reduction gearing), the trucks are probably similar in principle and appearance, but I doubt they would be identical: the DEY-2 was a (roughly) 100 ton locomotive, the 44-tonner a ... 44-ton one.
  by GP40MC1118

0906 - Sold to via National Metals to Republic Steel, Canton, Oh. Received 12/53 and
re# 324. In service 1/54, retired 5/62. Scrapped by RS 6/67.

0907 - Sold 7/53 via National Metals to Republic Steel. Re# 322. In service 8/53.
Retired 5/59 and scrapped by RS 12/59

0908 – Same as 0907 ex-re#323. In service 8/53. Retired 7/61. Scrapped 10/61.

0909 – Sold via National Metals to Republic Steel Warren Ohio in 1953. re# 316,
re# to 567:1 in 1957. Retired 9/62. Scrapped at Warren by Heckett Engineering
(contractor to RS).

0910 – Sold 7/53 to Atlantic Coal Co. Bath, Maine, not renumbered. Became
Kennebec Wharf & Coal. Company abandoned and unit sold for scrap circa 1969-70
to unknown buyer.

This was from a 12/70 issues of Trains Magazine

Dave S