Railroad Forums 

• Digitrax SFX064D sound decoder problem

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1248369  by Montrealrail1

Hi!
I got a problem with a Digitrax SFX064D sound decoder,It need to be installed with a normal DCC decoder to work,And the normal decoder I put with it is Digitrax DH123PS..
I can ear Idling sound,but nothing else,if I run the locomotive,even at maximum speed,the sound stay the sameat idling,no horn and no bell..

I'm asking if somebody can help me with that,It's the first time I'm installing sound decoder in a locomotive and it's not the greatest one..
here a video,where we can see and ear the problem..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmWcLRd8JBM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My DCC system controller is NCE Powercab starter kit

thank's for helping me..
 #1249360  by Montrealrail1

I tryed by reset to the factorie setting on address 3..it was working but after short run,sound decoder busted off..I'm lucky that the DH123SP decoder still work..the SFX064D are now died..

I think I will redo another try,but I will use a Tsunami sound decoder,it's more easyer to install too..

I have now a friend doing for me my PA1 sound conversion with Tsunami Alco 244 16 cylinders..
I will have to fix back me FP45 by installing a new harness and decoder with sound,but,I will use this one
http://www.digitrax.com/products/sound- ... s/sdh166d/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;