Railroad Forums 

• Digital Photo Organizing and Printing

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#316520  by mxdata

I would appreciate your views on software for organizing and printing digital pictures. Microsoft Office Picture Manager does an adequate job with printing, but lacks the features needed to organize folders quickly and do album pages effectively. Adobe Photo Shop Elements 4 is an outrageous pain to use, constantly trying to redirect you with automated routines, sticking your pictures in folders and collections where you may never find them again, constantly hitting you with information boxes, and difficult to use with standard file folder arrangements. Have you found any software for picture organizing that you like? Thanks!

#319865  by dj_paige

I have used an earlier version of Adobe Photoshop Elements known as Adobe Photoshop Album 2, and I now have switched to Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0.

I like them both very much and I recommend them.

I have never experienced Adobe Photoshop Elements "constantly trying to redirect you with automated routines".

I have never experienced Adobe Photoshop Elements "sticking your pictures in folders and collections where you may never find them again".

I have never experienced Adobe Photoshop Elements "constantly hitting you with information boxes".

I have never experienced Adobe Photoshop Elements being "difficult to use with standard file folder arrangements".

My photos are effectively organized, I can find them by searching within the Adobe program (I can search for "Jennifer" and find pictures of her, I can search for pictures of "CSX" and find pictures of CSX), I can find them on my hard disk, I can enhance the photographs in many different ways, and my 5000+ photos are available to me at the click of the mouse.

#320363  by RONIS DM

I use Picasa for manage photo and Adobe Photoshop CS2 + Adobe Bridge for edit. Earlier I have used ACDSee 8.0

#323370  by mxdata

Thanks very much for your helpful suggestions.