Railroad Forums 

• DHL commercial

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#35891  by RDGAndrew

Saw a DHL commercial yesterday where a FedEx truck and a UPS truck pull up to a stop on opposite sides of the track as crossing gates come down. The setting is somewhere in the southwest, and the train is approaching in Run 8. The power looks to be green and white (Arizona & California?) and the train is a block of DTFC (delivery truck on flat car :D ) - all DHL delivery trucks. The FedEx guy and the UPS driver both moan and pound their steering wheels at the double whammy, and some guy in a cowboy hat on a nearby porch laughs at them. I loved it and my wife thought I was crazy for finding it so funny.

#39799  by AmtrakFan

I saw that and was that filmed on the Arizona & California?

AmtrakFan

#40282  by ACLfan

Yeah, I saw the commercial several months ago, and started a set of comments on the sister "Railroads on TV" thread.

I was impressed that an advertising company could create such an effective commercial about the potential of using railroads for long distance transport, to the extent of telling the public that travel by railroads is a quick and efficient method of moving deliverables.

And, for a delivery company to accept the ad concept, and pay for it to be aired on TV, repeatedly!

ACLfan