Railroad Forums 

• Devco Railway bathtub gondola's

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#286971  by keiichi902

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of devco's bathtub gondola's (not the 5 bay rapid discharge hoppers still in use). I would like to model a few of them but need some reference shots. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jason

#533227  by chrismears

Hi
Just wondering if you had any luck with your project? I built one in HO scale about 8 years ago. If memory serves me correctly....here's what I did

I used a Roundhouse/MDC 5 bay ortner style hopper
I cut the ends off and filled the opening with a bit of sheet styrene
new platforms built with sheet styrene and brass for the handrails
braking equipment other hardware from the scrap box

At the time I only got as far as getting the car painted and dimensional data added. This was before ALPS printers and I couldn't find decals for the project so it stopped there.

I would really like to build a few more, this time in my native N scale along with some GP38's, heck while I'm at it building a couple of RS-1's would be fun too.

Chris
 #543306  by graftonterminalrr

Hey, I was just in Sydney last week!

Go to the Sydney & Louisburg Railway Museum in Louisbourg. There's some pics in the station of a wreck on the Devco Railway, has some nice shots of the gons in question.
 #543398  by chrismears

I haven't been to the museum, but I will check it out next time I am in the area.
I'm still digging around trying to find some pictures that I now remember that I have of the gondolas, when Ifinally find them I'll forward them along.
Cheers
Chris