Railroad Forums 

• Detour/Special Trains

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#971148  by Steve F45

was just posted in the njt section that njt is implementing service from port jervis to harriman. So why would those engines and passenger cars come down nysw?
 #971167  by badorder

Maybe because they don't need all that equipment up there, some of the engines and cab cars are overdue for various inspections and Transit is still cutoff from the rest of the system... I don't know, just was passing on what was given to me.
 #971229  by sullivan1985

Steve F45 wrote:was just posted in the njt section that njt is implementing service from port jervis to harriman. So why would those engines and passenger cars come down nysw?
Mechanical in Port Jervis can only do so many inspections on their own. Cars and engines due for periodical inspections must come to Hoboken or the MMC.
waldwickrailfan wrote:do you know when and if they will come down the NYSW main?
if so...another train for me and many others to see.
There is no question that the equipment will transverse the NYSW. The only other option would be to send it west to Binghampton via the NYSW, south to Scranton and Allentown via CP/RBMN and then back east to the MMC over the Lehigh Line by NS. Why bother dealing with three railroads and all that extra mileage when you could just let one outfit handle your move.

It appears this shuttle service between Port Jervis and Harriman will become a regular thing for a while. A NYSW ferry move could become the norm until the gap between Harriman and Suffern is closed. As we've all seen, the MTA is not setting any speed records to get this mess patched up. If you miss the first move, I'm sure you'll see others.

If I had to guess, I would say these shop moves would probably happen on a Saturday or Sunday when there is no SU99/SU100 to worry about.
 #971234  by NYSW3022

sullivan1985 wrote:
waldwickrailfan wrote:do you know when and if they will come down the NYSW main?
If I had to guess, I would say these shop moves would probably happen on a Saturday or Sunday when there is no SU99/SU100 to worry about.

Waldwick, this doesn't mean it's coming down THIS weekend. You've been told by others to stop spreading false reports based on speculation (Well informed speculation, but still speculation).

Hopefully this all comes down at 3am in some driving rain storm.
 #971388  by waldwickrailfan

NYSW3022 wrote:
sullivan1985 wrote:

Waldwick, this doesn't mean it's coming down THIS weekend. You've been told by others to stop spreading false reports based on speculation (Well informed speculation, but still speculation).

Hopefully this all comes down at 3am in some driving rain storm.
i never said this weekend. how about my day so far...boring and extreme bad luck. i will only post when someone else says it or something that i saw. i will quote them.

and the last part will probobly happen eventually, just my luck.

and also the only person i know of ever telling me to stop the false reports is cruiser, but he works there, so i know he is probobly right. and now you. not saying i dont trust you or anything, but i never said this weekend.

my prediction:someone will quote this post and it will be a whole big arguement before Jeff gets involved.

sorry if anyone gets offended, but that's my day today.
 #971418  by charlie6017

We're not carrying on about this anymore, this one's done.

Thanks for playing........

Charlie
 #971922  by sullivan1985

ns3010 wrote:Just came across this...

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2729190

Disclaimer: Photo not mine, nor do I know anything ab

out this. Just passing it on.
I certainly hope they spin the power at Campbell Hall. Long Hood Forward for 4 1/2-5 hours isn't fun for the engineer.

All this junk will move over the NYSW. Nobody seems to know exactly when.
 #971965  by cruiser939

sullivan1985 wrote:
ns3010 wrote:Just came across this...

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2729190

Disclaimer: Photo not mine, nor do I know anything ab

out this. Just passing it on.
I certainly hope they spin the power at Campbell Hall. Long Hood Forward for 4 1/2-5 hours isn't fun for the engineer.

All this junk will move over the NYSW. Nobody seems to know exactly when.
Hopefully some time this weekend the NJT/MN equipment will make it's way back to transit land via the NYS&W. NJT is keeping 7 sets up in Port Jervis for the shuttle service since MN wants to replicate the original schedule as closely as possible. The sets will be drilled down to 4 cars each and the cars that are due on their inspection cycles will be coming back.

I'll just copy and paste this post in the relevant forums so that waldwick doesn't go around making up facts based off of what should happen.
 #971966  by cruiser939

badorder wrote:From good Intel.....there is 9 NJT engines and 54 pass. cars that maybe moving in the next few days from Port Jervis to "BT" for Transit, may split it up and move in two or three special moves...exactly when???
Doesn't sound like that intel is too good. Check my post above for what should actually be happening.
 #971998  by DutchRailnut

Riiiight, what contract