Railroad Forums 

• Derailment at Wyandanch?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1013904  by Amtrak7

Sent at 00:23, Feb 3, 2012:
The 11:14PM train from Penn due Ronkonkoma at 12:37AM is being held at Farmingdale due to a derailment on the track east of Wyandanch.
05:41:
The Ronkonkoma Branch is on or close to schedule, following an early morning derailment of a freight train near Wyandanch which has been cleared.
What happened?
 #1014334  by SlackControl

I guess the PIO offices isn't PC qualified. The DEF is west of The Danch.

When I rode home lastnight, the engine that went on the ground was still there at the west end of the DEF. Didn't get a chance to take a good look though. What I can tell, it looks like the engine is on the ground between the switch and the derail. Did the engine go over the derail, or did it hop off moving eastward into the DEF?
 #1014429  by mirrodie

I happens by the danchtoday, and saw two MP15acs and one GP 38 – two idling with a few boxcars. I assume the MP 15 at the west end was the one that derailed? Also noticed down the line westward that 2 railroad ties and some policeline were on the tracks. I assume to Markoff where's the derailment occurred. I make trying to have a hand at some night photos a little bit later on or perhaps see the consist move out

Here is a quick video of what I saw. By the way, what are the sounds coming from number 159 and 261? The third MP 15 is not making anywhere near as much pinging noises if any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PCKITFl ... ata_player