Railroad Forums 

• Derailment at FP - 7/6

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #419650  by grumpyoldman

Was bored this afternoon and decided to take a ride to FP to see if I could catch a glimpse of any CP power. Well Otto St and everything else nearby was closed off. Got home and on CH 7 News they were reporting a propane tank car and 2 others had derailed at FP Yard. They had an overhead video shot showing two red locomotives (one was definitely CP) and a tank car. Its also on their website.

John

#419668  by DogBert

oopsy.

yeah i caught that bit on the news. didn't look all that bad from the air.

#419752  by jtunnel

Isn't it strange that whenever a derailment makes the news, it involves a LPG tank car? :-D

#419767  by jayrmli

That's why it makes the news.

A lot of derailments happen, but it's not newsworthy if its a carload of lumber.

Looks like I picked an excellent day to take off. lol

Jay

#421603  by mutz155

SOUNDS LIKE THE RAIL TAMPING MACHINES NEED TO BE BROUGHT OUT AGAIN. HEY AMIGO? CIAO!