Railroad Forums 

• Depressed-center flatcar at Fresh Pond

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #47323  by Legio X

I drove past Fresh Pond Yard yesterday and saw the depressed-center flatcar with the transformer on board is still there. I remember seeing a post about this a few weeks or a month ago. When and where is it going? Was it brought in by CP Rail, CSX or N.Y. Cross-Harbor?

#47324  by Legio X

Also, at the east end of the yard was an LIRR DM-30AC, #519. Is this unit heading out for repairs, or had it been returned from repairs by CSX or CP Rail?

#50640  by Legio X

Is this depressed-center flatcar still there at Fresh Pond, or has it moved on to it's customer?

#50669  by M1 9147

I think 519 already was repaired, so I think it's headed back to Morris Park. I know it went out 2 weeks ago. Now we need the 503 fully fixed up.

#50707  by emfinite

Didn't I hear 503 was a write-off and won't be sent out for repairs, but rather parted out?

#50947  by jayrmli

The flatcar is still at the yard. Those cars always take forever to get clearance over LIRR.

Jay

#61491  by Legio X

Has this flatcar and it's cargo been delivered? If so, to whom and when did it go? Was it part of a regular move, or was it a special move of it's own?

#61592  by Jayjay1213

The cargo was off loaded by crane in Fresh Pond yard. The empty flat departed via NYCH in Bay Ridge.

#135836  by Legio X

Have any of these oddities made an appearance lately on the NYA loaded with something for LIPA, Keyspan, ConEd or another customer?
 #644649  by The Tenth Legion

Has NYA made any LIPA/Keyspan/National Grid-related movements recently, be they of transformers on depressed-center flatcars, rolls of wire on bulkhead-flatcars or poles on conventional flatcars to the Hicksville LIPA/Keyspan/National Grid facility or elsewhere on Long Island where they could access a spur to receive equipment? Thanks.