Railroad Forums 

• Denver Electrician Here

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1231556  by vader33

Since there's no real introductions page, I figured I'd make my own. Anyway, I'm Marc and I work out of the Burnham Locomotive Shop in Denver. I've been with the UP for a little over 2 years and I've done everything from regular repairs and maintenance in the Diesel House, to working as a U-Man at North Yard. Currently I'm doing the PTC modification that everyone knows and loves. Anyway, I wanted to join and help spread some knowledge and debunk any myths about the railroad and the UP, at least I'll try to, anyway.
 #1246732  by jarod17

Marc,
I have been thinking about applying for a diesel electrician job there in Denver. I've done electrical and avionics work on the F-15 for the USAF. I'm just curious as to how many hours you are able to put in on average each week.

Thanks,
Jared
 #1250811  by mdr406

I am curious as well. How is the career in general? Would you recommend it for those who have the right skillset and experience? In your opinion, how would your schedule be effected if you were to attend college while maintaining your career? Would you say that is possible in this career, or would it be incredibly difficult?