Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#730212  by Darius Mccollum

Maby someone can help me out here. I have done a lot of searching but cant find a thing. In the middle 50s, maby 55, I would occasionally ride a modern set of cars from GROVE to JSQ. Had the PRR keystone, interior was similar to the GM city buses of that period and had incondescent lighting. They were around for about a month then never seen them again. No air conditioning BTW. My thinking now is that maby they were demonstrators that wound up on some other system with similar clearances. Has anyone ever heard of this train set?
One other thing, am thinning my book collection. Have a small book by BRIAN CUDAHY, RAILS UNDER THE MIGHTY HUDSON, will never read it again and someone should enjoy it as I have. PM me with your address and I will drop it in the mail. Its a small book. regards DARIUS MCCOLLUM.
 #730773  by Darius Mccollum

FRANK, PM is still new to me on this site. Will ship the book out today or tomarrow. DARIUS