Railroad Forums 

• Delmarva Chicken Festival Excursions

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#413422  by VaCentralRwy

The 58th Delmarva Chicken festival will be held this friday and Saturday in Federalsburg, MD. While the 12-foot frying pan :-D and the antique car, truck, and tractor show are show to draw interest, Federalsburg is the HQ for the Maryland & Delaware RR.
On both days, excursions will depart from the Federalsburg train depot at 10:30, noon, 1:30, 3, 4:30, and 6 p.m. Expect the usual MDDE power pulling the Town of Hurlock coaches. A plan to use B. Levin's PRR E8s was approved by all the railroads involved in getting them there, but not the State of Maryland, which owns the trackage involved.

#414870  by Sand Box John

Road abroad the noon train. Forgot to put the memory card in my camera. Went home and got the memory card. The following pictures are a sample of the pictures I took of the 3:00 PM train.

Crossing at MD-318 Federalsburg Highway on east side of Federalsburg

Crossing at MD-318/313 Federalsburg Bypass west side of Federalsburg

MD-307 Willamsburg Road west of Planters Mill Road Willamsburg

Throwing switch east end of passing track Herlock

Throwing switch east end of passing track Herlock

East of east end of passing track Herlock
Last edited by Sand Box John on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #777186  by Sand Box John

"norfolksouthern89"
Where it photos?

I didn't see anythings photos from here.

Photo deleted from server after post was originally made. Photos now hosted on different server.