Railroad Forums 

• Delmar railfanning info

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#89257  by njtmnrrbuff

This Friday, I will be visiting some family friends in Delmar, NY via Amtrak. They live on Darrah road. How is the action on the freight line there?

#89380  by LCJ

The D&H freight line that goes (went?) through Delmar has been abandoned, I believe.

The closest live freight line is the CSX Selkirk Sub that runs west of there through Voorheesville. There's quite a bit of traffic on that one.

#89817  by SRS125

What you have there Otto is about right I don't recall the little sideing runing to the Northwest section of the wye being there thow. I do recall the East leg of the why being there. I rember this becuse it was one of many overnite stoping places that CSX parked us when I was still working for Sperry Rail Service I would assume that the line is served by CSX now? I never heard the CSX MOW guy call for the D&H dispatcher when ever we were parked there. The Last time I was there was in November of 2000 for the weekend. Maybe someone else here can give you a beter heads up on that location.

The D&H Tracks stoped less than 200 feet to the South of the Selkirk Branch The dimond looked as it was reoved years ago. There was nothing but ties stuck on end driven into the ground being used as a bumper. All the signals were dark as well.