Railroad Forums 

• Deleted thread from Amtrak: Choo Choo going backwards on NEC

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#363076  by ExEMDLOCOTester

A Diesel had to rescue a motor unit train and had to travel in reverse.

Much discussion & Heat.....

Comment I wanted to add but the thread was locked....

Perfect scenario for a lounge chair & RCO !

#364388  by UPRR engineer

I didnt get to say everything i wanted to either. Dont know how far we should go with topic but, ive done stuff like that also. Everyone on a railroad doesnt get treated the same, and thats a good thing. Theres ones that wont and there ones that will. Last time we got new trainmasters, the MTO here introduced me to them and told them if they really needed something done i was the guy to ask. Made me feel like a million bucks.
I got quite a few stories, good and bad ones, where things were handled differently. Same thing might be said for what was going on with the light power move.

#367651  by Otto Vondrak

FYI, the reason the thread was deleted was because non-employee was stating that Locomotive XX was travelling YYYmph at exactly 00:00h between station A and B... in other words, a good way to get someone in trouble over nothing at all. Heated exchange killed the thread.

-otto-

#368525  by thebigc

Deleted or just locked? I couldn't seem to find it. Normally, I wouldn't be caught dead in the Slamtrak forum but this sounds interesting.

#368822  by UPRR engineer

I was really into that topic, it was locked, then it got deleted altogether. It ended up turning into a fight about what the rules say and when hogheads break them. Dutch was preaching the rules, and then i jumped in there and did my usual, stirring the bucket. They think the Amtrak officials get on here and read posts, and the engineer might get in trouble.

#369113  by Jtgshu

UPRR engineer wrote:I was really into that topic, it was locked, then it got deleted altogether. It ended up turning into a fight about what the rules say and when hogheads break them. Dutch was preaching the rules, and then i jumped in there and did my usual, stirring the bucket. They think the Amtrak officials get on here and read posts, and the engineer might get in trouble.
UPRR, you should check out the NJT forum every once in awhile - those kind of arguments are almost a daily occurance!!! - and the mods let us "play" a little bit more with the "usual suspects" chiming in of course ;-) Plenty of pots to be stirred up!!!

#371032  by flynnt

Suppose the posts had been about a red-cap, ticket agent, snack car attendant (or any other employee except for engineers and conductors) breaking the rules. I can almost guarantee the post wouldn't have been deleted.

Total double standard if you ask me.