Railroad Forums 

• Delaware Division inspection train

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#17085  by Idiot Railfan

Fact: NS ran an inspection train over the Delaware Division from Binghamton to Port Jervis and back Thursday, April 29.

Fact: A buddy of mine spoke to a rider in the train in Binghamton.

Resulting Rumor: Buddy was told that the inspection train was run in anticipation of rerouting intermodal freight over Delaware Division.

Anybody know anything else about this trip and the rumor?
Last edited by Idiot Railfan on Mon May 03, 2004 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

#17090  by O-6-O

Fact; I hope this is true.

STEAM ON
/---OOO---
 #17114  by bingdude

HIGH AND WIDE...

Not a problem for the Erie!

#17121  by dtravisjr

I sure as heck hope its true :D . I've heard rumors that they were going to send some intermodals this way. But, it was a track geometry train and it has run the eastern end of the Southern Tier several times before to do basic track inspections. I believe it also ran the Buffalo line before running over the Tier. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see some big intermodals run over Gulf Summit and Starrucca. But, I'll believe it when I see it!

Dave Travis

#17385  by oibu

not likely that said track geo. train ran RT on Thurs. as it was sitting at Buckley's on Saturday afternoon. Not sure if it continued east from Port after laying over Thrus. night and was on its way back west Sat. or if it had been in Port the whole time, but doesn't appear to have returned to Binghamton until probably yesterday.

Track geo. train is probably not an indicator of increased traffic.

#17400  by dtravisjr

The geo train (99Z) must've ran west yesterday. I read on the Yahoo list that it was in Waverly and I believe it went/or was going to go up the Ithaca Secondary. Most likely just doing basic inspections on all the lines here upstate.

Dave Travis
[/quote]
 #17547  by ajt

NS sends the geometry train around every year; last year it went through Port Jervis on 4-15-03 I believe; they tied up for the evening at CP Sparrow.

#17559  by O-6-O

or..... maybe they are shopping it.

STEAM ON
/---OOO---