Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1601575  by planespotting

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:39 pm Train left Builders General around 10 minutes ago. Heading back to Jamesburg.
Thanks for the heads up. Missed the move as I was working but did see the engine back at the Jamesburg Wye in front of the caboose on way home (pick below). This means they must have run back onto the Amboy Secondary for brief moment to come back down other leg of the Wye and head to Freehold. I also saw the police and RR employees going over procedures and protocols by the dirt road crossing across from Sherman St. Can't wait to see them officially start hauling freight!

https://imgur.com/a/yqqMl5Z
 #1601581  by Bracdude181

Sadly there was many people who knew about the move and did not report it, at least to my knowledge.

2005 wasn’t ferried to Red Bank today, I shall do my absolute best to report that when it happens.

Also, C&D emergency contact info has not been added to the TRIT or the Southern past Cross Street.
 #1601585  by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:19 pm Also, C&D emergency contact info has not been added to the TRIT or the Southern past Cross Street.
Those spots haven't seen a train in quite some time, so the chance of an emergency that requires emergency contact is quite low. Not good practice, but C&D isn't operating down there yet + has bigger concerns than some signs on OOS tracks right now
 #1601611  by AceMacSD

It will get there. Remember that some of us work for Conrail as well. We will get our power. The engine move was more of a show and tell rather than a "qualifying" run. These are industrial tracks so technically we operate at restricted speed and no need for qualifications.
 #1601643  by Bracdude181

From what I’ve been hearing they’ll bring 2005 and Woodhavens loads, but will not deliver them until the qualification run is completed.

2005 has not been ferried to Red Bank yet as far as I know. I’m listening in on Coast Line Dispatch to see if they bring it down today.

I politely ask those who are keeping an eye out along the FIT and the SOUS to report any movements if they can. Doing so is a big help to those who chase these trains and is greatly appreciated. As it stands I am still not aware of what their schedule will be.