Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1623495  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:54 am Miller Road is on the Southern near Lakewood. Several crossings on that line still aren’t working and haven’t worked in months. Heard the state isn’t happy about that, maybe thats why the cops were there?
Who's your source from the state that isn't happy with the crossings not working?
 #1623497  by Bracdude181

Some people I know in farmingdale told me a lot of the locals there have been calling the DOT to complain about the crossings in town not working, and that the DOT told them they were away and would press the issue with the railroad.

Something like this happened in Lakewood a few years ago when a whole bunch of truck and bus drivers complained about the lights not working at some crossings in town. That was summer 2019 If I remember right.
 #1623593  by CharlieL

No pics, but they are finishing up the crossing at Howell Rd, and are moving / have moved equipment to the Okerson Rd. Crossing. Will try to get pics of Howell Rd tomorrow. The road should be open then and may be opened this afternoon.
There seems to be absolutely no other work occurring elsewhere as far as I can tell.
 #1623615  by CharlieL

We will probably know more tomorrow. Haven't gone to the site, just observed from a distance as the road is closed.
I think eventually they may need to put some kind of warning signal north of the bridge over the rte 33 bypass, as people fly across it and it's only about 100 yards of sightline from top of bridge to the tracks.
Hopefully we will see some work taking place Fairfield-Yellowbrook rds or in Farmingdale next week. They've only got about 8 weeks left if they are still shooting for the end of July to have the two tracks connected. I've been somewhat surprised by the lack of activity.