Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1618345  by CR7876

JohnFromJersey wrote:Sounds like they will finish Fairfield - Howell Rd by next week then, hopefully. I'd say by the end of the month they will start Fairfield - Yellowbrook Rd

Pretty possible that all this might get done by/in the summer.
Define " Done"?
 #1618383  by CharlieL

Three companies were mentioned in an above post. Apparently Tracks Unlimited to clear the ROW, Railroad Construction to grade / lay the rail, and a third to install the crossings. Even at a week per crossing, I can see the crossings going in as the last of the track goes down.
June / July very reasonable for the "grand opening". We'll see.
 #1618398  by AceMacSD

The group of us took a tour of the work areas today. Good progress is being made. At least this will not end up like that Rahway rehab back in the day which ended up being ripped up. When this is completed, it will be the end of the NJT Coast freights west of Essay. This in turn will be a better accommodation to the customers of the Freehold and Southern lines.
 #1618495  by R&DB

Obviously C&D would like to open Jamesburg to Lakewood as a first priority to eliminate the Essay - Bank run to make some money. But the potential sand runs could bring many more hauls.
 #1618498  by Bracdude181

I agree, but even without sand they may have no choice but to reopen it. What are they gonna do when F’dale to Freehold reopens, bring Woodhavens train AND freeholds cars all the way down to cross street? Not enough room there!

Have also heard they aren’t going to open the TRIT either.
 #1618501  by CR2721

In that scenario, if I had to guess how it would go: Southbound train would leave FIT freight for Builders General and Reed & Perrine at BG's Throckmorton yard until they come back for the northbound return trip. Prestone's loads would be moved to the rear for the southbound run to Farmingdale. The train would then drill BG on the northbound return trip after the empties are picked up from the SOUS.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk