Railroad Forums 

• Dear Santa/2017

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1452496  by jaymac

Dear Santa-
First of all, thanks for all your generosity throughout the year, especially in giving us more Noel Weaver posts to appreciate!
All the newish power -- one of which actually wears a coat of company colors -- should certainly help improve reliability. All the track-work -- company and contractor and Districts 1, 2, and 3 -- should help assure that freight just might move faster than deer when not on somebody else's ROW, not that I wish deer any distress. Thank you, also, for the example of your generosity. The state tax-money continues to gift grant money to improve PAR/S operations. Yes, I know that's short money compared to increasing highway capacity, but it's still appreciated.
As a point of curiosity, is there some surprise date for the new CPF-345/CPF-346 signals to go live? They look so nice, and it's almost 11 months since the new 345 power panel got its meter head, normally a sign of quick cutover.
I would appreciate something for myself and others similarly situated. I did a Google, and what I'm looking for doesn't seem to be available yet, but when it is, I'd like a copy -- print or pdf -- of PAR/S for Dummies and/or Mere Mortal Civilians. My gerbil-wheel of a brain would engage in less go-nowhere spinning if I could grasp why -- with POSE/SEPO and even only occasional ED-8/ED-9 runs, POED/EDPO has anything to do with water cars or anything else -- for that matter -- at Ayer other than running through. Mebbe the continuing ability to deal with unnecessary complexity is proof of character, so mebbe proof of the character of dispatchers and crews will continue at Ayer.
Thanks again, Santa, and may we all enjoy continued progress through the continuing years!
-jaymac

Dear Santa-
An edit for one more thing, courtesy of the johnpbarlow reminder on <Gardner Gawking> -- could we -- not just for the convenience of gawkers, but far more crucially for the safety and convenience of crews and passengers, please have an end to Zombie Zones? If there's no antenna space available atop Mount Wachusett, then mebbe 1 or more remotes with voting units? Thanks!
 #1452576  by neman2

I remember being told in the past that all radio equipment on Wachusett is government owned no private systems up there.