Railroad Forums 

• Dayton Branch - need location

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

#1012796  by Big Al

I recently purchased a DVD and have a scene filmed on the Dayton Branch, and wanted to know where it was located? It was filmed in the early 1970's on the Dayton Branch and it crossed a bridge and there's a grain elevator in the background. The train was heading for Dayton. As the caboose passed, there's a Gulf Gas Station (at the northeast corner of the crossing) at the end of the scene. Any help of the location would be appreciated.

Thank You.
 #1013648  by Big Al

The DVD is from Revelation Video titled: "Erie-Lackawanna Revisited", E-L Legacy Update #2, October 2011. The scene is from the EL Hertiage section on the DVD: Ohio (Marion, Dayton Branch). The DVD came out recently.
 #1013683  by Cactus Jack

what kind of bridge over what ? highway, river, unknown ?

truss bridge, plate girder ? big/small ?

just trying to get the image in my head

and not sure the perspective of the caboose / bridge and the Gulf Station of the train was headed south.
 #1013954  by blockline4180

Big Al wrote:The DVD is from Revelation Video titled: "Erie-Lackawanna Revisited", E-L Legacy Update #2, October 2011. The scene is from the EL Hertiage section on the DVD: Ohio (Marion, Dayton Branch). The DVD came out recently.

Hey Big Al!

Are there any historic shots of EL on that new DVD or is it just modern stuff??

What is Revelations new website?
 #1014022  by tjdean

blockline4180 wrote:
Big Al wrote:The DVD is from Revelation Video titled: "Erie-Lackawanna Revisited", E-L Legacy Update #2, October 2011. The scene is from the EL Hertiage section on the DVD: Ohio (Marion, Dayton Branch). The DVD came out recently.

Hey Big Al!

Are there any historic shots of EL on that new DVD or is it just modern stuff??

What is Revelations new website?
I have the original EL Legacy Video. I didn't know there were updates still being released. I knew there was an Update #1 from 1999. I just looked at the website & don't see an Update #2 listed. http://www.revelationvideo.com/video/hi ... index.html
Could you please provide a link to where you purchased it? Thanks.
 #1014998  by Big Al

The "Erie-Lackawanna Revisited" (Update #2) DVD is available from Revelation Video, for $29.00 Ppd. It has both vintage and modern films up to 2011.

I did a map search of the scene in question (via google/satellite). It was filmed at the Route 739 crossing, west of Green Camp, OH. The bridge is a through truss bridge, over the Scioto River (similar to the one of the twin truss bridges at Caledonia. The one on the north (EL) is abandoned, the south bridge is used currently by CSX). The truss bridge was located north/northeast of Route 739 crossing is now gone, along with the rail line and also the Gulf station is gone.