Railroad Forums 

• Daytime Tropicana juice train - 11/3

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#867867  by bluedash2

Sorry for the late post (don't have access to computer during work), but I saw a relatively small (less than 30 cars) tropicana train going by me at Naaman's Rd in Delaware around 315pm today. Had 2 GEVO's for power. Was heading towards Philadelphia on the Phila. subdivision. I made a call to a fellow railfan who hangs out at Woodbourne a lot to give a 'heads up' to. Hopefully he made some more calls.Was this an extra section or special run? I know this is always a nocturnal train. Btw, I'm Dave and new to the site, so hello to all.
 #869913  by gprimr1

I've seen the Juice train run during the day sometimes when it comes through Baltimore. I think I've seen it as late as noon. I imagine it depends on congestion and track work. I know there is some work going on in North Carolina.
 #873653  by SEPTAR3kid

Yeah like gprimr1 said, it can be seen at anytime of the day really. The Philly sub can be really unpredictable with the timing of trains. Every once and while you can get lucky and catch the juice train in the daylight hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyq1C5axTc